mardi 23 novembre 2010

house rant

So I'm here to rant about the episode of House that just happened last night. Cuddy has been angry at House for lying to her about being 100% sure of a patient's condition so that he can go ahead and give the patient the procedure that he knows will save him (the patient's dying). Cuddy, newly dating House, decides to use her new emotional dating powers over him in order to guilt him about lying to her when she was the one that was being stubborn. If he had told the truth (that he had no definitive proof) that the patient had the disease, the patient would not have received the treatment, which would not have save him. He would have DIED. I'm sorry. What part of DIE don't they understand? Well, the thing is, Cuddy reminds me of a lot of people i know in real life. I mean, sure honesty is the best policy, WHEN IT CAN BE PRODUCTIVE. ugh. I mean, even if it was ok for her to get angry at him like that, it was not ok for her to force him into saying that he'll never lie to her again. NEVER? really. really now? I think that has as good of a chance of holding up as me surviving to a ripe old age after being infected with ebola. Don't think so. TV needs to stop making people so damn delusional. Honestly.

This is what trust is about. Trust is not about believing that a person will never, ever, without a doubt lie to you. No. I think that's a wrong perception of trust. Trust is about being able to believe that a person will never put you in harm's way. Sure, you can take it literally and argue the former, but the latter definition, I think, is the most accurate. Ok. Say I lie to you about having taken my fish oils this morning. What am I doing to you by lying about that? Would it make a difference if I realized I forgot, lied to you, and then go and take it? No. No. Not at all. But let's say you found out and got pissed at me over it. Saying that you put your trust in me to take my meds. What the hell? Why does it matter? My promise to you is to keep myself well for you. My promise to you is to try my best to keep you well and happy. Does that have anything to do with your happiness? Something as petty as me taking my fish oils? Gah, these girls need to take a chill pill and deal. Just know that the basic facts are true. I love you. I love you. I love you. That's it.

Aucun commentaire: