mercredi 1 décembre 2010

Considerations

Just now, I had considered telling you:

"Even though I have my own grievances, I guess I was inconsiderate not to consider your grievances for me. You know that really common, cheesy saying that goes something like, "Anything worth having is worth fighting for," really hits home for me today. And I had considered that I insulted you by thinking that you didn't think enough of our friendship. I considered also that perhaps you're waiting for me to not be such a spineless jellyfish and own up to these considerations. I had not acted on these for fear of them being rejected. But now I'm confident that if I have put value on this friendship, then you have, too. And I won't insult you further. As my best friend, you deserve more than my pride and you should be past the argument of who's right and who's wrong. The only question of mine that concerns you should be, "Are you worth it?" And for me, you're worth...well, everything. My pride, my ego, my grievances because my friendship with you should be most important to me."

You aren't just anyone, and I can't afford to let this run on. Whether you'll accept that now depends on you. I would be lying if I said I won't be disappointed if you didn't accept. But at least after this, I would be able to walk away knowing that I told you how I felt. You should know how I feel already, but just in case. I've never had one before, so if I'm clumsy in my profession...well, then that's just what I am.

Aucun commentaire: