mardi 8 janvier 2008

thoughts of the moment

Phantom of The Opera....ech....but it came up and lyrics are interesting...so...

What raging fires shall flood the soul? What rich desire unlocks its door? What sweet seduction lies before us . . .? Past the point of no return, the final threshold...what warm, unspoken secrets will we learn?

You have brought me to that moment where words run dry, to that moment--where speech disappears into silence, silence...

I have come here, hardly knowing the reason why...In my mind, I've already imagined our bodies entwining, defenseless and silent--and now I am here with you: no second thoughts, I've decided

Past the point of no return--no going back now: our passion-play has now, at last, begun....Past all thought of right or wrong...

Say you'll share with me one love, one lifetime. Lead me, save me from my solitude. Say you want me with you--there beside you...

Soo...I was thinking about this and this is one of those things where people are continually look for something else, something better. We talked about this in English class sophomore year and about how with the Phantom, there's like....passion or a lot of sexual tension....a lot of really strong emotions. With Raoul or w/e there's this almost boring fairy tale-ish love, which will work splendidly. Yet, between the two, I think that we decided as a class that the phantom is better, but she chooses Raoul. Why? Who knows....but I think my point is that obviously feelings/emotions/passions/whatever else...is not enough. I think that in terms of a future, the other guy offers a better one....and so I go back to the point that I always make: people will always look for the better choice. I don't think it ever matters what feelings/emotions/passions have to do with it. So the question I am asking is: Did you really want it in the first place? Do you think that perhaps what you felt was something you wanted to feel? I think these things are moments of indecision on humanity's part, and I hate it.

Aucun commentaire: