lundi 22 octobre 2007

on voices and happiness


Me: “Is it odd if someone’s voice makes you happy?”
Stacy: “No, because I used to feel the same way about Neill’s”
Me: “Why is it not odd?”
Stacy: “Because there can be something really soothing about someone’s voice because you can connect it to happy memories or that when you listen to it you know that someone’s there--that someone cares. Or maybe it’s not the voice, but the person behind it. Why? Does someone's voice make you happy?"
Me: "Maybe."

We also talked about love and whether or not it would be wrong to love someone. I told myself that it would never be wrong no matter who it is. I told her that my ultimate goal in life is to be happy. I want to be able to keep everything that makes me happy. We talked about permanence and about how life is just basically one delusion after another. She want to be able to find one thing/person that will always be able to make her happy. Being the cynical roommate that I am, I told her that happiness is mostly a delusion in the fact that you know it's not permanent, you know it's not forever, but you'd like to think that it's be forever and so you lie to yourself in order to be able to enjoy the moment. Then in attempting to be the good roommate that I feel I should be, I told her that she should just do the things that make her truly happy. Neill basically makes her miserable and happy at the same time. She doesn't understand why it's so.

hold on, I'm in Asia, and I want to type an interpretation of a Daoist verse. I like it a lot:
"Hence always rid yourself of desires in order to observe its secrets
But allow yourself to have desires in order to observe its manifestations.
These two are the same."

I generally don't think that most people can understand how much I mean it when I say that I am happy. So happy, so happy at this  moment. So happy. I sound so utterly ridiculous when I say that, but I don't know what else I can say. I'm sorry I don't have enough adequate words to describe how I feel. However, at the same time, I think that falling into happiness way too much is unsafe. I think that it's a mental weakness that I can't get away from. Sometimes I even think that this mental weakness of mine will be seen as a mental weakness by those I care about....I have no idea what I was trying to say anymore...blah

Aucun commentaire: