lundi 9 juillet 2007

meh...nostalgia

So on the way back home, I was horribly traumatized. I heard a series of bad songs: Lip Gloss, Girlfriend, Don’t Cha, and (thanks to Tracy) London Bridge. However, worse than that is that my mom was trying, yes I said trying, to sing along to Lip Gloss. *cough* yeah….I also saw other things, like a “SHELL” sign, sans-S….hehehehe

Well, besides that, I also saw, for a brief moment, beautiful scenery. My chair was leaned back to achieve a more comfortable sleeping position, and so when I woke up and opened my eyes I saw two rows of tall, green trees backed by a pink-blue sky. The hued clouds layered the light blue sky underneath and it was only enhanced in beauty by the contrasting bolder green of the two rows of trees. I was taken aback...and I smiled. Well, I then sat up, and saw that the two rows of trees extended into the distance, shading an empty road on the countryside. The road wasn't brand-new, it was light gray due to the wear from the cars that pass, but it rose and fell with the hills that formed the median, unlike the straight, boring roads in the city. *sigh*

Then when I passed my Northgate Mall, I remembered the numerous times my parents drove past it on our trips back from Virginia, and they'd always say, "Hey, why don't we go there one time? we could check out what it's like." I'd always tell them that it was silly to go to a mall randomly, in a place I didn't know about. They'd ask me what the NC School of Science and Math was when they saw the green highway sign, and I'd reply with an absent-minded "I don't know" because I really didn't know...and I really didn't care. Silly parents...they always thought it was some sort of private college, and they asked if I would ever go there. Without looking up, I'd tell them that it was pointless since I wanted to major in architecture. pssh....it made me laugh....out loud. My mom asked me if I was going crazy. *cough* Now I look at the sign every time I come back from Virginia...I'm the silly one now, eh? Anyway...I really miss it. The bed that I'm afraid will collapse on me, the chair that's missing a screw (which actually belonged to Frances, but she asked me if we could switch), the too-loud vent, and the window missing a screen....all parts of my pepto-pink room. I'll be back there soon, I hope. Nostalgia kills me.

Aucun commentaire: