lundi 30 juillet 2007

tasting menu

Okay....so I'm still watching Top Chef...and I'm thinking...a 4-course tasting menu for wine connoisseurs. They spent a lot of time arguing over what to serve....and took in the idea of a dessert...which none of them knew how to do.

I'm not experienced enough to know what courses to do per se, but if I was there and didn't know what a tasting menu should consist of, which I wouldn't, I'd still say that there needs to be a light, crisp salad or amuse bouche with a light seafood as the central ingredient...like tuna/scallops...preferably with a tossed sashimi salad somewhere in there or a ceviche. Maybe if you want to REALLY impress judges...and you think you can pull it off, recommend an acidic wine with an artichoke course. Artichokes are usually advised against when wine is involved because artichokes makes it taste sweeter...sometimes killing the wine. However, an acidic wine will work. Then I'd go for something heavier, like duck or a wild meat...venison? boar? something bold...to impress the judges with flavors...but not as heavy as the next course. As for the next course....I'd go for fois gras...which...hehehehehehe if you cook right will go well with nice wines.

Then...because they don't know how to do deserts, I think they should've gone with cheese as the central ingredient...maybe finish at the end with a nice tart...

Instead....the group of non-pastry chefs went with pineapple desserts....where they failed miserably.

Aucun commentaire: